2017-2018 Bed Industry Awards - Entries Now OpenDeadline for Entries 5pm Friday 28 July 2017.
Late submissions cannot be accepted.
Forms can be downloaded or entries submitted online below. Download Entry Form
Who can enter?
The NBF Bed Industry Awards recognise the excellent work of bed manufacturers, suppliers and retailers over the past 12-18 months. They are open to British and Irish bed manufacturers and retailers and British and international component & machinery suppliers.
Why should you enter?
- Raise your company profile
- Highlight your achievements
- Showcase your experience
- Acknowledge your team’s efforts
The winners will be announced at the NBF Bed Show Gala Dinner at the Telford International Centre on Tuesday 19 September 2017. To book your tickets visit the Gala Dinner page.
The Award Categories
- Bed (component & machinery etc) Supplier of the Year
- Bed Manufacturer of the Year – under £10m beds turnover NEW!
- Bed Manufacturer of the Year – over £10m beds turnover NEW!
- Bed Retailer of the Year – under £5m beds turnover
- Bed Retailer of the Year – over £5m beds turnover
For the second year running, there will be a Judges’ Choice Award and this will be based on one outstanding element of an entry. You cannot enter separately for the Judges’ Choice award but you may enter for another category with one outstanding element which might of course have had an impact on the business as a whole anyway.
Deadline for Entries
5pm Friday 28 July 2017. Late submissions cannot be accepted.
The experienced panel of judges includes:
Bernard Eaton, Greenwood Retail
Richard De Melim, Furnishing Report
Roy Beagent, Minerva
Peter Mallinson, AIS
Jessica Alexander, National Bed Federation
What The Judges Are Looking For
- Qualifying period for activity: mid 2016-mid 2017
- The judges are looking for companies which are ‘Best in Class’ i.e. a company that has excelled itself during the qualifying period. A full list of the type of criteria that the judges will be looking for can be found on the entry. It is likely (although not essential) that your company will have achieved significant progress in more than one area.
Important Instructions and Top Tips – PLEASE READ
- The main element of your entry should be an Executive Summary of no more than 500 words. Entries exceeding the word limit given in the criteria will be disqualified.
- Please, no fancy presentations. They won’t influence the Judges’ decision, which will be based on content.
- Your entry can be accompanied by no more than 3 attachments of supporting detail. This will only be looked at IF the Executive Summary persuades the judges it’s worth delving further!
- Do not reprint general information that can easily be found on websites or in company literature.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to consider and develop your entry but don’t miss the deadline – Friday 28 July 2017, 5pm.
- Provide solid evidence for any specific claims or statistics you make in your entry.
- Spell check! Need we say more!
- Ask someone outside of your business to proof read your entry – this will make sure that it makes sense!
- We may ask you to provide further details about your entry, if necessary. So please ensure correct contact details are provided.
If you have any queries about your entry or the awards please contact Lisa Artis on 01756 799950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 ENTRY FORM
The 2016-2017 Bed Industry Awards Winners
Bed Manufacturer of the Year
Winner: Kaymed UK
Runner up: Steinhoff Bedding Group
Bed Component Supplier of the Year
Runner up: John Cotton Nonwovens division
Bed Retailer of the Year (over £5m)
Winner: Mattress Online
Runner up: Bensons for Beds
Bed Retailer of the Year (under £5m)
Winner: Sussex Beds
Runner up: Sound Sleep (based in Diss)
The Judges Choice Award