2018-2019 Bed Industry Awards - Entries Now OpenDeadline for Entries 5pm Friday 20 July 2018. Late submissions cannot be accepted. Entries should be submitted online below or alternatively you can download the entry form. Download Entry Form
Who can enter?
The NBF Bed Industry Awards recognise the excellent work of bed manufacturers, suppliers and retailers over the past 12 months. They are open to British and Irish bed manufacturers and retailers and British and international component & machinery suppliers. (Entry is NOT restricted to NBF members)
Why should you enter?
- Raise your company profile
- Highlight your achievements
- Showcase your experience
- Acknowledge your team’s efforts
The winners will be announced at the NBF Bed Show Gala Dinner at the Telford International Centre on Tuesday 18 September 2018. To book your tickets visit the Gala Dinner page.
The Award Categories
- Bed (component & machinery etc) Supplier of the Year
- Bed Manufacturer of the Year – under £10m beds turnover
- Bed Manufacturer of the Year – over £10m beds turnover
- Small Retailer of the Year – under £5m beds turnover
- Small Online Retailer of the Year – under £5m beds turnover NEW!
- Large Retailer of the Year – over £5m beds turnover
- Large Online Retailer of the Year – under £5m beds turnover NEW!
Deadline for Entries
5pm Friday 20 July 2018. Late submissions cannot be accepted.
The experienced panel of judges includes:
Bernard Eaton, Greenwood Retail
Richard De Melim, Furnishing Report
Roy Beagent, Minerva
Peter Mallinson, AIS
Jessica Alexander, National Bed Federation
Rules of entry
Retailers can only enter one category. Larger retailers should choose the category that best describes where most (50% plus) of their sales take place. Smaller retailers may choose either category, depending on where they think their strength lies for the 12 months being considered for the award.
What The Judges Are Looking For
- Qualifying period for activity: June 2017 – June 2018
- The judges are looking for companies which are ‘Best in Class’ i.e. a company that has excelled itself during the qualifying period. A full list of the type of criteria that the judges will be looking for can be found on the entry. It is likely (although not essential) that your company will have achieved significant progress in more than one area.
Important Instructions and Top Tips – PLEASE READ
- The main element of your entry should be an Executive Summary of no more than 500 words. Entries exceeding the word limit given in the criteria will be disqualified.
- Please, no fancy presentations. They won’t influence the Judges’ decision, which will be based on content.
- Your entry can be accompanied by no more than 3 attachments of supporting detail. This will only be looked at IF the Executive Summary persuades the judges it’s worth delving further!
- Do not reprint general information that can easily be found on websites or in company literature.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to consider and develop your entry but don’t miss the deadline – Friday 20 July 2018, 5pm.
- Provide solid evidence for any specific claims or statistics you make in your entry.
- Spell check! Need we say more!
- Ask someone outside of your business to proof read your entry – this will make sure that it makes sense!
- We may ask you to provide further details about your entry, if necessary. So please ensure correct contact details are provided.
*The data you input is retained for a period of three months after the awards closing date. After that all personal information and company data will be deleted.
If you have any queries about your entry or the awards please contact Lisa Artis on 01756 799950 or email email@example.com
2018 ENTRY FORM
The NBF Bed Industry Awards identify and reward manufacturers, suppliers and retailers in the bed sector who are ‘Best in Class’.
Judged by an independent panel, they are a credible celebration of what’s good about the industry and provide a great opportunity for businesses of all shapes and sizes – from big brands to small niche players – to highlight their fantastic achievements.
Could this be you this year? The 2018-2019 awards are now open. Be in it, to win it!
The 2017-2018 Bed Industry Awards Winners
Bed Manufacturer of the Year (over £10m)
Runner up: Highgrove Beds& Harrison Spinks
Bed Manufacturer of the Year (under £10m)
Runner up: Vogue Beds
Bed Component Supplier of the Year
Winner: John Cotton Group
Runner up: Rawson Fillings
Bed Retailer of the Year (over £5m)
Winner: Bensons for Beds
Runner up: Leekes and Archers Sleepcentre
Bed Retailer of the Year (under £5m)
Winner: Prestige Beds
Runner up: The Carriage (Gracious Homes)
The Judges Choice Award
BekaertDeslee for SKIN+